GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  Miscellaneous  ~  New Members... click here and introduce yourself.

m lee
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Posts: 6 Location: new york new york
Hello, I'm a new member from NY NY. I have several original posters of Grand Guignol dated back in the 1910's would like to find out the current market value. Also to find out how to contact Eric Horton since my he doesnot have any of my collection. And, yes I will be able to name and perhaps post them.........Thanks in advance
m lee
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Posts: 6 Location: new york new york
Hello, I'm a new member from NY NY. I have several original posters of Grand Guignol dated back in the 1910's would like to find out the current market value. Also to find out how to contact Eric Horton since my he doesnot have any of my collection. And, yes I will be able to name and perhaps post them.........Thanks in advance Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
cockneyjack
Posted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:38 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 17 Aug 2010 Posts: 1
Hi, new member from Abertawe, South Wales.

Fascinated by this, but very new.

Looking forward to learning lots!
JulieH
Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:05 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 03 Mar 2011 Posts: 1 Location: Seattle
OK, I'm not that weird when compared to the genre here in question...

I produce audio dramas, and decided, in a moment of hubris, to throw open a genre challenge to my listeners - "Give me a genre, and i will write a script - i can write ANYTHING!"

And some smart*ss gave me Grand Guignol.

don't get me wrong - it's a topic that's been on my "to do" list for simply ages, and shouldn't be too hard to get into (I already aced "Giallo" some time ago on a whim), but the difficulty I'm finding is in locating source material in order to get a "feel' for the tone, cliches, and subtext of the actual shows.

I know there are books, but I'm (a) not so much looking for the history as for samples of the shows themselves, and (b) too broke to run out and buy books.

I'm not looking to adapt a classic script - in fact i already have a rough outline for my own plot - but to "hear" the rhythm and feel the character archetypes. and all that. You know?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
dbareford
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 07 Mar 2011 Posts: 2 Location: Chicago
Hello,

I'm David Gregory Bareford, and I work in Chicago as a violence designer for theatre. In partnership with Richard Gilbert (corporately as R&D Choreography), I have designed stage fights and mayhem for over 15 years, and have worked on over 180 fully-mounted productions to date for more theatres than I care to remember.

I'm here mostly for an interest in the technical means of creating violent effects. Of course, over the years I've planned shootings, stabbings, hangings, beheadings, sword/knife/machete/chainsaw fights, and all manner of violence, and I'm happy to discuss what I've learned and figured out. However, there are so many talented, creative theatre people across the country and around the world that I want to pcik (and possibly eat) your brains as well.

Oh, and a big shout-out to my friends at WildClaw Theatre here! They do kick-ass work, and have really exploded (messily) onto the Chicago theatre scene.
yoyo
Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 14 Nov 2011 Posts: 2 Location: germany
Hi!

My name is Yosefin but everybody calls me Yoyo. I am 16 years old and I'm half swedish and half german. Currently I live in germany. I'm still in school, but I am planning on studying theatre and performing arts either in Berlin or London.

About 2 months ago I went on a London trip and visited a number of master classes and workshops. Thats where I got introduced to Grand Guignol. i love everything that involves scaring people, gore, psychological horror, etc. so I fell in love with all the techniques involved in Grand Guignol. I do have a lot of questions so I hope that maybe some of you could help me!

I wish you all a lovely week!

Yoyo
Very Happy
gopaer20
Posted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:21 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 21 Aug 2017 Posts: 1
What a story, it seems to me that such a definition of a topic is a sensational option.