GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  General  ~  Theatrical Performance Rights

philucifer
Posted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 9:24 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 06 Sep 2006 Posts: 2 Location: New York, NY
Hello, All.

I'm looking for information on whom to contact re: performance rights of the plays included in Wilson/Hand "Grand Guignol: The French Theater of Horror", specifically "Kiss of Blood". I contacted University of Exeter Press to clarify, but haven't heard back from them and was hoping I might get some information through the Forums, here. I wasn't sure if it was still the University of Glamorgan, but am in a bit of time crunch.

Thanks very much for any and all help you might be able to give.

Philucifer
www.nosediveproductions.com
Russell Blackwood
Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 125
It may be too late for you now, but for the record Hand and Wilson want to have the plays from their book performed. All they ask you do is mail a copy of the poster, program, etc. from your production to their publisher.

Mike Wilson posts to this message board and so you can always PM him as well.

Russ
philucifer
Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:53 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 06 Sep 2006 Posts: 2 Location: New York, NY
Thanks Russell. Actually, we had a terrific experience producing "Kiss of Blood" and "The Final Kiss" in October. Hand and Wilson -- and their agents -- were terrifically helpful and very receptive. We were able to get in touch through this message board, so thank you, thank you, thank you. And the audience dug it, which is always a good thing.

If anyone is interested in pictures from the production, please go to www.nosediveproductions.com click on the "photo gallery" tab, and then click on our poster design for "The Blood Brothers Present . . ." There are also some videos of our vignettes -- original short pieces to book-end the guignol -- in the "videos" section.

Thanks again for the reply. We're hoping to keep this going with another production this October.

All the best,

Philucifer
Daniel Zilber
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 16 Sep 2003 Posts: 35 Location: Alameda, CA
Great Photos... And I loved the Vagina Dentata video. Thanks for sharing!
FishMonger
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 4 Location: Colorado
Great, so there are no royalties required?
mwilson
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:18 am Reply with quote
Forums Regular Joined: 03 Dec 2003 Posts: 12
Thanks, Russ, for drawing my attention to this strand of discussion - I haven't been on the discussion board for a few weeks, so have missed all the excitement.

We're delighted that so many people are wanting to produce the plays in the book and, as Russ, says, we have no interest in making any money from them, but are simply wanting to see them performed. What we normally do is grant the rights in exchange for copies of programmes, photos, etc., just so that we can keep our own archives up to date. We've always reserved the right to charge a royalty, but that is just in case some big shot commercial theatre wants to stage them (we live in hope!), which is why we ask that people go through the publishers first and do things 'properly'.

Having said that, the publishers have been receiving so many requests for the rights recently that they have taken to charging a nominal fee just to cover their admin costs. We'd rather they didn't, but as they are keen to publish more G-G plays (we have another volume due out later this year of British G-G plays and have been asked to work on a third volume), we think it's only fair that they are able to cover their costs. In any case, they have only been asking a very small fee and certainly nothing that should be prohibitive - just a few dollars.

However, if anybody wants to produce any of the plays and is either having difficulty getting hold of the publishers or is being asked for too high a fee for the rights, then please do get in contact and we'll do our best to intervene on your behalf. As I said, we are delighted whenever we hear of somebody wanting to perform the plays, but it's also in all our inetersts to keep the publishers on side!!

Good luck to all.

Mike
Daniel Zilber
Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 16 Sep 2003 Posts: 35 Location: Alameda, CA
Just to add a quick note: Anyone producing a Grand Guignol (or Grand Guignol-style) play is welcome to post the details to our 'Announcements' section.
jannypan
Posted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:00 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 09 Mar 2011 Posts: 7
It may be too late for you now, but for the record Hand and Wilson want to have the plays from their book performed. All they ask you do is mail a copy of the poster, program, etc. from your production to their publisher.
jannypana
Posted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:58 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 18 Apr 2011 Posts: 3
Mike Wilson posts to this message board and so you can always PM him as well.
MyJuliet
Posted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:52 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 01 Aug 2011 Posts: 3
So many people want to have drama in the book and Las said, we do not have any money from their interests, but only want to see their performance
jerry0503222
Posted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote
Great Photos... And I loved the Vagina Dentata video. Thanks for sharing!

Posted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:40 pm Reply with quote
We usually do is a copy of the exchange program, photos and other rights granted to us to maintain our own files up to date. We have reserved the right to charge royalties,
berryna
Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:03 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 27 Dec 2011 Posts: 4
And the audience dug it, which is always a good thing.
kacuina
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:25 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 06 Sep 2012 Posts: 4 Location: florida
We're hoping to keep this going with another production this October.

Smithlife
Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:49 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 18 Apr 2013 Posts: 3 Location: USA
Pls Aktien more info wie diese.