GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  General  ~  Research investigation 2011

miss--dreamer
Posted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 06 May 2011 Posts: 1
Bonjour tous le monde,
This website is just amazing, there is so much information about Le Grand Guignol!
I was really glad to find this web site, since I'm in the process of writing my RI higher level for my IB diplomat.
Le hic, is that I'm suppose to investigate an aspect of a certain play, for example, costumes, lightening, stage direction (I chose this last one), ... and I cannot put my hand on any reliable source which isn't about historical points, but really about the methods used to put on a "Grang Guignol" performance.
So here, I'm suppose to answer the following question:
How do stage directions in Au tlphone by Andr De Lorde reveal the character in the style of the Grand Guignol?
The two books I'm working with at the moment are:
Les nuits blanches du Grand Guignol by Agnes Pierron
Grand-Guignol The French Theatre of Horror by Richard J. Hand and Michael Wilson
I'm also using the script I found thanks to this web site, in English.
But that's about it. I'm a bit confuse now on how I may find any other type of information since there is no video on you tube about "au tlphone" and I don't know who to contact for any kind of interview...

Well, I don't know if my message here is really clear.. but please, please, I really need help to find more information, or just an e-mail address of someone still working with le Grand Guignol theatre. It would be great if I could have an answer this week or latest before the summer...
Thanks a lot,
Clm.
jannypan
Posted: Thu May 26, 2011 10:10 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 09 Mar 2011 Posts: 7
hahhaBuy RS Gold
Tera CDKey
WOW Gear
Russell Blackwood
Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 125
If I were you, I'd consider the photos from that early production of Au telephone that are in the Hand and Wilson book. They are very melodramatic. Consider then how naturalistic the choice to stage a play about a rape and murder heard over the then new invention of the telephone was. Maybe it's in examining the these two performance styles that you make the point for you paper.
vellina
Posted: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:28 am Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 10 Feb 2019 Posts: 126497
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт
сайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайтсайт