GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  Film & Video  ~  Chanteuse Jill Tracy On Screen

Russell Blackwood
Posted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 125
Some recent news from kindred spirit, Jill Tracy, which I feel I must pass on to the GG forum folkes. A snazzy new reprint of her Diabolical Streak CD is just out and though I'm unabashedly mad for her music, there's even more to her than meets the ear ... but I'll let her tell it.

The animated short film The Fine Art of Poisoning, a collaboration with Bay Area artist Bill Domonkos, is still running wild on the film festival circuit this year. In 2003, the film won over 25 national awards- (in New Orleans the trophy was in the shape of a voodoo doll, in Chicago, the trophy was crafted by the same company that makes the Oscars! I have many new things to dust now.) Read the great review of The Fine Art of Poisoning in the current issue of Animation World Magazine:
http://mag.awn.com/index.php?ltype=pageone&article_no=2037&page=2

We are thrilled to announce that The Fine Art of Poisoning was just named by the Colorado Film Foundation as one of the Best Short Films of the Year, to be included on their Best OF DVD compilation due out in June 2004. Check the Jill Tracy website, http://jilltracy.com for information as soon as the DVD is released to the public. Bill Domonkos and I are currently in the throes of two other film projects, including a new music video. We plan to release a DVD of the new works with The Fine Art of Poisoning and various added bonuses when they are completed!

I was sought out by LA film industry veteran Joel Plotch to appear as MYSELF (hey, the role I was born to play) in his upcoming FOX short film Heavy Put-Away, based on a Terry Southern story (Dr. Strangelove, Easy Rider.) I perform Evil Night Together as the chanteuse in a seedy lounge (sound familiar?). I also recorded the film?s incidental music, alongside composer Fletcher Beasley. The film makes its debut in the Worldfest Houston International Film Festival, Saturday, April 24, 2004.

I urge you to check out her for yourself and let us know what you think of this "mysterious siren."

Russ