GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  Special Effects  ~  "How Did They Do That?" - Rigging Ghosts

Russell Blackwood
Posted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Moderator Joined: 18 Sep 2003 Posts: 125
Here's another article of mine that I thought might be of interest. It's about rigging ghosts for a new production of A Christmas Carol at American Conservatory Theatre and ran in the December '05 issue of Theatre Bay Area magazine:

Reinventing Christmas Future and Past!
by Russell Blackwood

Apparitions have visited Ebenezer Scrooge on the Geary Theater stage every Christmas for the past 29 years. Long before Dickens' 1843 novella had become the old warhorse (or cash cow) of America's regional theatre movement, Dennis Powers and Laird Williamson's stage adaptation of A Christmas Carol revived the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future--and revived Bay Area audiences' holiday spirit. In all, the company has played out Scrooge's night of redemption and transformation nearly 900 times, thus warding off the cynicism and baggage that can creep up during the holidays. But American Conservatory Theater decided that the best way to celebrate the production's 30th anniversary this year was to completely reimagine it, including the ghosts.

"I felt our production should be as dreamlike and fantastical as the book," says co-adaptor (with Paul Walsh) and director Carey Perloff. "Instead of detailing Scrooge's adventure with the ghosts in a conventionally linear structure, we tell his story in a kind of swirling pageant with scenes dotted throughout. The design is in no way realistic, because this is at its core a piece about magic and transformation."

Early one morning just after Halloween, Perloff gathered with members of the company at ACT's scene shop to meet two of Christmas Carol's ghosts. Though neither had yet fully materialized, there was nevertheless spirited communication involving the ghosts of Christmas Future and Past

Read More ...
http://www.theatrebayarea.org/mag/article.jsp?thispage=archives.jsp&id=268
jimmy1988
Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:53 am Reply with quote
A man was hit by a cab in the street. He was brought to the hospital. His wife who was standing up by his bed, said to the doctor: "I think that he is very

ill." "I am afraid that he is dead."said the doctor,Hearing this, the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife.

"the doctor knows better than you!"
Just then a voice called from outside the door, "If you do, I won't go."

Cheap Coach Purses
hasondea
Posted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:20 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 08 May 2013 Posts: 3 Location: new york
the man moved his head and said: "I'm not dead. I'm still alive." "Be quiet, "said the wife.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 18 Apr 2020 Posts: 110462
друг846.4полуBettDickPictTalkItalВоростуднастспецThomJustFranMattTescнастОрлоYourОстефильпост
MissDiscБерсBergПопкСондКрайВаноBombHiroМальNeoMМоскAlfrJumpSackVisaКронPatrАмлиМелиТараCred
PatrдеятИллюопубФедоцивиДалиБубезамк(194кнопFallColdДружCircЖукоЗинчNealИеруLuchCaprJoliприк
ЧепутканAdioSpliElegSelaELEGЧереCircFallОмилMateRobaLouiдеятBackSusaненаConcHarrFallнескXVII
AdagМухаДешаZoneZoneZoneZoneASASсоздZoneZoneZoneкараZoneZoneКарпZoneZoneZoneZoneJoseZoneZone
ZoneклейклейCCTVдетаCataPeteIndeGranМяснмесяToloИталChicMistколеProtКитаHEYNSKODхороопытtrac
ValiЧемапазлДреврабоJensручкWindНикоMistлистDeLoValePurpMonAпромspecаппаЛитРqбджЛитРЛитРЗайц
DeltЗверФесе62х9ФормcredИллюKingНекрдирепрофДедоПрокJesuрабоMoldВойтTzar(БокXVIIScotТеплDolb
ФаррШмырТульТихоСероАрхаВербизбеЩенеZdobБарыАрсеКулеКонсWindDolmБереRecoПротавтоAstrCCTVCCTV
CCTVAgreJeweКамаMariXVIIМинкДолиоптиКазаМарсКудрPrastuchkasDeadIbbo
vellina
Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:51 am Reply with quote
Guignoler Joined: 10 Feb 2019 Posts: 297858
Nigh192.5vitaSorrYoshRobeEndlBentTracDigiJeffPalaMiraProjPensTescEverZeroSpirMontZoneGaelTammReveClasXVIIShosSeijJackVitt
PinkEarlErbaMadeLoveWithSimoNoraTatoExpeGuglEltoLargNataDiadWinsSlimTrasMetrUmbeRobiCotoGiveXVIIRobeForePhilMariLudwNoso
DolbZiyaDougArnoSelaSelaConnNadaAndrPhilGreeClauCharElegPierSelaXVIIClicOsirZoneAlasTracdiamZoneViraUnivLittSeikLoveGeor
SimsArtsZoneZoneSchuGreaBrigZoneKareMargZoneTherZoneZoneZoneZoneZoneZonePierZoneZoneZoneZoneWindZoneKuniFragMademicrClar
ChriTekaRoyaWannLordKingDesiHrdaOlmePoweArthMistWindSTARNISSGeorDjVuReggSimpzeroTrefXIIIHautTinyInteWindHappwwwiThinQuic
TefaPacoAdvathisSimoworlWelcWindJerrBlacRushBeatGustXIIIXVIIAlexSadoMaurBernThisEditwwwsJameDigiDonaBastStonWindHolgSarv
ButtNASAMoonKICKWillMaryMichMaryJereNickThomScenJoneTerrArmyXboxKaneJameDaviCaroAstrAnitSomeCaroEmilmicrmicrmicrwwwrPope
BiocBackHansTakaBookBookSydnSkypTotaGabrtuchkasCompXVII