GrandGuignol.com Forum Index

<  Miscellaneous  ~  New Members... click here and introduce yourself.

Daniel Zilber
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 16 Sep 2003 Posts: 35 Location: Alameda, CA
Welcome lifeboat! Feel free to ask questions if you don't find what you're looking for here... And be sure to post details of your upcoming show in our Announcements section.
lifeboat
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:34 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 25 Mar 2007 Posts: 2 Location: berkeley, ca
thanks! I didn't even realize you had a section that would be appropriate for that kind of posting, so thanks for letting me know!
FishMonger
Posted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:36 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 03 Apr 2007 Posts: 4 Location: Colorado
Hi everybody! I'm a theatre student from Colorado. I just got turned onto GG through a history project in one of my classes, and I just ordered the collection on amazon (cant remember the name right now) I'm hoping to find some plays in it to direct next year for my thesis. So far I've only read At the Telephone, and while I have an awesome sound design for it in my head, I really want to tackle the more gore and sex stuff, cause this little town needs it!
PacoTheBlood
Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 17 Apr 2007 Posts: 4
Hello

my name is wladimiro, im a theater student currently living in brazil. I came across GG doing some research and hope to produce in the dark room and the final kiss in a theater cabaret production at my school. next year i will be moving to UBC in canada to study tech theater. I find GG extremely fascinating, i cannot wait to see it live on stage. Can any one offer any advice for those two plays that I should take into account when producing these shows?

Thank you for having such a good load of information online!
Jessie Park
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 1:16 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 09 May 2007 Posts: 2
Hi, my name is Jessie, and I am a mechanical engineering student in California. What is an engineering major doing in a theatre forum? Well, I took a theatre history class to fill in some humanities requirements and the Grand Guignol was included in our lecture on Realism. It just suddenly interested me and here I am. I still have not seen a single GG performance, and I'd like to find a local performance sometime.
jayhutch
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:26 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 01 Apr 2008 Posts: 1 Location: Asia
Hello Everyone,
I'm Jessica. I'm currently a Theatre Arts student in Lasalle - College of the Arts in Singapore. Well, i'm here because i had a topic in which we had free reign to chose whatever theatre genre we wanted to talk about and share with our class and come up with a presentation. I researched and found myself here (:

What i would like to find out more about is the special effects (which i will go to that forum page, like also were the hypnosis real or were they acting?) and also, do any of you have any info on the audience aspect of GG. As in, the human psyche as to why the audience would keep coming back to watch something that was in a way, scary. If anyone has any research/writing/books on this, i'd really like to understand the different reasons as to why people came to watch it.

Thanks so much!
and thank you for all the info that is so well arranged (:
WildClaw
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 16 Apr 2008 Posts: 3 Location: Chicago
Hello from Chicago.

We are WildClaw Theatre, and we just closed our first show, The Great God Pan. We are the newest theatre company in town, although we are older, by far, than most of the theatre companies in town, if you look at the median age of our ensemble. Old enough to know better. However, we got together and saw that Chicago did not have a horror theatre. Nature as we know abhors a vacuum. They had the occasional horror show, but that was more often than not some sort of splatterfest done with a wink and a nod, more spoof than horror. When we decided that we would do this, we decided to do it seriously, with only one intent, to truly scare our audience.

Reactions from our first show seem to indicate that so far, we are achieving that fact.

Anyhow, it is good to be here, and nice to meet you all.
WildClaw
Posted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:37 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 16 Apr 2008 Posts: 3 Location: Chicago
whoops, double post
morits rigor
Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:08 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 25 Aug 2008 Posts: 2 Location: Appleton, WI
I am the owner/managing member of CutThroat Creations, LLC. a company that houses all of my creative projects. Amongst these are CutThroat CueSports, a billiard apparel and accessory company, mortis-rigor.com a horror fan website (Coming Soon) which features an original character, Mortis Rigor as the site's host. Mortis is also the main character of an upcoming graphic novel or comic that is in development.

I have several other projects currently at different stages of development. I have one completed screenplay called Hostile Conscience and another feature that is partially complete called Expiration Date. I have a recently completed short that has been requested by several producers/directors called The Plea Agreement and I am currently weighing some of the offers. I have recently submitted A Twin Killing to the Hotel Guignol project.

I am fairly new to the writing scene and hope to learn as much as I can from like minded people. I welcome any new friendships, feedback or inquiries about my projects. I have yet to sell any of my projects but they have had very limited exposure and have only been recently available.
DDFXstudio
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 22 Feb 2009 Posts: 6 Location: coventry uk
hello from coventry in the uk

we are DDFX studio just done all the bood work on a production of dinner with a climatic and brutal stabbing scene. At the criterian theatre here in coventry.

good to be on here and greetings to you all

check us on

www.myspace.com/darkdreamsfx
DDFXstudio
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:41 am Reply with quote

we are DDFX studio just done all the bood work on a production of dinner with a climatic and brutal stabbing scene. At the criterian theatre here in coventry.

check us on

DDFXstudio
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote

check us on

DDFXstudio
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote

DDFXstudio
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:45 am Reply with quote

check us on

m lee
Posted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:54 pm Reply with quote
New Member Joined: 28 Apr 2009 Posts: 6 Location: new york new york
Hello, I'm a new member from NY NY. I have several original posters of Grand Guignol dated back in the 1910's would like to find out the current market value. Also to find out how to contact Eric Horton since my he doesnot have any of my collection. And, yes I will be able to name and perhaps post them.........Thanks in advance